George St-Pierre is a retired Canadian professional mixed martial artist widely considered as one of the best fighters in the history of various martial arts. George St-Pierre is a two-division champion in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), having won titles in the welterweight and middleweight divisions.
Furthermore, between 2006 and 2008, this three-time former UFC Welterweight Champion won the title twice and the interim title once. For many tears, Sherdog and other organizations listed him as the world’s number one welterweight. Rogers Sportsnet awarded him, Canadian Athlete of the Year, in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
He did, however, retire on December 13, 2013, with the most wins in title fights and the second-longest cumulative title streak in UFC history. Here are his renowned eight quotes that will help you right away.
- “I am a public person and I have my private life. It’s important for me that my private life stay private, that what I share with the people in my public personality.”― Georges St-Pierre
- “There is a difference between a fighter and a martial artist. A fighter is training for a purpose: He has a fight. I’m a martial artist. I don’t train for a fight. I train for myself. I’m training all the time. My goal is perfection. But I will never reach perfection.”― Georges St-Pierre
- “THE MORE KNOWLEDGE YOU GET, THE MORE QUESTIONS YOU ASK. THE SMARTER YOU GET, THE MORE YOU REALIZE THAT EVERYTHING CAN BE POSSIBLE.”― GEORGES ST-PIERRE
- “For me, personally, when I’m afraid of something – when you’re afraid of something, normally you try to go away, you try to avoid it. Instead of avoiding it, to overcome your fear, I believe you need to embrace it.”― Georges St-Pierre
- “I try to protect my loved ones, the people I share my life with because they don’t have a public life like me. I want to keep their lives private out of respect for them.”― Georges St-Pierre
- “I am very honored and excited to be part of UFC 100; it’s going to be the hardest challenge of my career so far, and it’s going to be pretty tough – I can’t wait.”― Georges St-Pierre
- “I WAS A BIG FAN OF JEAN-CLAUDE VAN-DAMME GROWING UP, AND I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A MARTIAL ARTIST ’CAUSE OF HIM.”― GEORGES ST-PIERRE
- “I’m a martial artist, and I don’t train because I have a fight; I train because it’s my lifestyle, and I’ll train every day if I’m not hurt.”― Georges St-Pierre